After being on holidays for two weeks i was looking forward to going back to work. Wednesday came around and i arrived at work at 8.50am like i am supposed to, my boss arrived a short time later and told me that she wanted to talk to me about a few things today but doesn't want to talk about it until the afternoon, i was not to sure what to make of it at first but then when she hardly spoke to me all day (just when she needed something to be done) i felt as though what ever it she was going to talk to me about must have been bad. I called darren at lunch time (what little time i get!) to tell him about my day. Once our last client left at around 4.15pm sh*t hit the fan you could say, i was told that i was a really horrible person to work with and that i don't do my job well, and also that i am taking advantage of her (how i don't know, i did ask but couldn't be given an anwer). I was told that i had to go to work on Thursday happy and bubbly (which i felt i did) and i also made a point of speaking to the nail artist because i was told that i didn't do that either., i just got one word answers. (they can't say i didn't try, which i probably know they will). I went to work and did everything i was told to do and even a little more and by the time home time came around on Thursday night i was exhausted. I cried all the way home as i just felt so uncomfortable.
I tried to be really nice to her all day on Friday and i just got one word answers and it was the same yesterday also. I even msged her and asked her if she wanted a coffee from the coffee shop, i was trying to be nice!!!
i sometimes wonder if i should just throw in the towl and go back to an office job, but the thing is i really enjoy doing hairdressing......
I am looking forward to going to TAFE on monday because sometime i feel as though i learn a bucket load more there!!!
That's about it!!
As i sit here and wonder how much longer it will go on for!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, they sound so totally horrible to work for! That is awful that they treat you so badly. Is there another salon that you can work at or do you have to stay there. Dont throw it in because of them, if you do then they win.!! Big hugs
Omgoodness Katrina, that totally sucks big time how you were treated. Do you have an apprenticeship board adviser you can speak to? I hope you have a wonderful time at your new job. How crewl and mean was that old boss! Stick up for yourself Katrina, don't let people like her get the better of you. Life sure can throw us some curve balls sometimes, but I believe they make us much stronger and more wise people.
love
Virginia/Wirg x x x
Post a Comment