Tuesday, February 2, 2010

An exciting but sad day

Today is Lachlan's first day of Kindy...I am happy and excited for him as this is a new journey in his life but i am also sad because he is still only little in my eyes...He was waiting at the front door for 10minutes before we had to leave with his bag very excited to be going to school.
We got down to school all happy together (well the 3 of us) and at 9.30am they started calling out the names of the children to go into their classes and when they called Lachlan's name i got very teary, he turned to me and said it's ok mum i am 5 and i will be fine! So off he went to his class room with his teacher Miss Pegler. I didn't get to speak to her but from what i saw she looks like a nice teacher. Thankfully he has gone into a class with a little friend Erin...

And here is the big boy himself.....
About to leave for school


Lachlan & Erin waiting in the school hall

Lachlan in his classroom

Now it is only an hour and a half and i can go and pick him up and find out all about his very first day of Kindy...

2 comments:

Wirg's Creative World said...

Awww Katrina, that's so lovely. What a beaut boy Lachlan is! I remember the tears I shed when my DDB start school. I recon it's nearly always harder on us mum's than the kids. I hope he's had a great day!
hugs
Wirgie x x

Anonymous said...

so happy that he's in a class with Erin - easier to start a new adventure with a friend.
Lorraine G