I have had two sick family members over the past week. My sister has been told by her surgeon that she has to have her gall bladder taken out on the 17th May at Blacktown hospital.
She has lost a total of 17.4kgs in a period of 9 weeks and the Dr advised her that this may have trigered off small gall stones. she is in constant pain and will be on pain killers till her operation.
That was one family member!!
Owen, is the other family member, just when we thought we wouldn't have a rough time in the colder months with him since having his grommets put in...Well it all started on Friday night, at 2am with him coughing his lungs up. I recognised the cough from last winter and it was Croup. I have the medication that they give to them when you take them to the hospital, but i did not know how much to give him so i called the westmead childrens hospital help line, they weren't allowed to give me that information over the phone. After about 3 hours of him being awake coughing and crying we managed to get him back to sleep. Darren then took him to the Dr's on Saturday morning and they gave him the measurments of medicine to give to him that night if the croup got worse again, which it did. Last night was the first time that he has slept through till at least 5.15am without a coughing fit. He is on the mend thankfully. I don't know how many more sleepless nights we could go through, it starts taking it toll on every one in the family...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your poor sister! It sounds very painful! I hope the operation goes well and that she can survive the pain until then.
I am sorry to hear that owen is not well. Poor little thing, it is so terrible when they cannot stop coughing. I hope he feels better soon.
Post a Comment